An image taken from a clip shows a group of men and women assaulting a young woman on a street in Hanoi.
Officers in Dong Da Ward on Friday afternoon said that the individuals involved had been asked to appear at the police station for questioning after videos of the altercation spread widely on social media.
Initial investigations identified the group linked to the case as N.H.M., a 44-year-old resident of Vinh Hung Ward, P.V.D., 44, from Hoang Mai Ward, N.T.T., 42 and another N.T.T., 37, both from Phu Xuyen Commune, and V.H.L. and N.G.H., both 25, from Van Mieu-Quoc Tu Giam Ward.
Earlier, multiple clips and images circulated online showing two groups of men and women involved in a confrontation on the sidewalk outside a café on Hoang Cau Street.
According to preliminary information, the dispute reportedly began after an argument inside an elevator in a nearby building.
Footage shared online appeared to show a man repeatedly shouting insults at a young woman before physically attacking her.
In addition to the man seen in the video, several others were allegedly involved in verbally abusing and assaulting the victim.

An image taken from a clip shows a man attacking a young woman on a street in Hanoi.
Police said the incident occurred at around 10:00 pm on Thursday on the sidewalk along Hoang Cau Street in Dong Da Ward.
Immediately after receiving reports of the incident, the police of the ward launched an investigation and began identifying and verifying those involved.
Max: 1500 characters
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment.